The Railroad Station
formerly the Greenwood Depot
Wakefield's Greenwood Depot was moved to Pleasure Island and burned after the park closed. A famous Boston & Maine station design, it was replicated at the Lomita California Railroad Museum, 1955.
One charred timber from the Greenwood Depot rescued by Dan Burbine and donated to the Friends of Pleasure Island 9/28/02.

< 20" >
August 26, 1960 depot photo by Harold W. Boothroyd, Courtesy of the Walker Transportation Collection, Beverly Historical Society and Museum

Greenwood Depot before its move to Pleasure Island
Courtesy Wakefield Historical Society

From the collection of Harry A. Frye from Bob's Photo, Ansonia CT 06401 (He has another from down the tracks.) 203-734-6666
From 1964 Map
From Priscilla Hendrick's photo of Otis Stepens on the roof

1967 flyer image1968 image from photo of Priscilla Hendrick, Larry Bugden, and Sam Donato

Lomita, California Replica of Greenwood Depot
Lomita, California Replica of Greenwood Depot

Copyright Friends of Pleasure Island, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization. All Rights Reserved